What Is Access Control ?
Access Control is the management of who goes where and when. It starts with the unique access credentials issued to every person who is allowed to enter. Software defines the entrances, times and rules for entry of each credential holder, or for a group. This information is then distributed to various door, elevator and control panels for quick, dependable decision making each and every time a person requests to unlock a door.
- You can control who is entering your premises; where and when
- Access control can help you protect employees, visitors, property and sensitive information
- You can secure certain sectors of a building using your access control system
- Access control can reduce timesheet procedures
- Integrate with HR systems for ease of monitoring and data management
- Integrate with other security systems for centralized management of the site
- Assist with car park management
- Increase security with Photo ID
- Control access to a wide variety of other facilities or equipment, such as vending machines or PCs, using smartcard technology.
What Are The Key Considerations For Access Control ?
- Location and number of sites
- Number of areas and points to be controlled
- Layout of the building
- Number and turnover of employees
- Number and access required internally for visitors
- Disabled access
- How the system will be managed internally
- Future growth of the organization
- Level of security required
- Need to incorporate other requirements such as library cards or cashless vending
Access Control – System Intergration
Access control is the answer to a wide range of threats to your security, but it is only one aspect of the security provisions you should consider. By integrating access control with other security systems, it is possible to greatly increase the level of protection provided. Access control systems can be intelligently linked to other systems in our portfolio including;
- Fire Detection Systems
- Intruder Alarms
- Care Communications
- Electronic Article Surveillance
We can also provide remote monitoring, remote monitoring can provide an effective and economical security solution which provides peace of mind and reassurance that your staff and property are in safe hands.